Worship is one of the most complex concepts to decipher, such as the mark of the beast or the abomination of desolation. This post will focus only on some of the misguided views that many have on worship and why they are essential.
Find more information on worship and the mark of the beast here.
Under the microscope
Anyone who peruses this website will know providing scriptural evidence is a primary focus. We offer no opinion with subjective bias on the word of God. This article will be no different and put the following passage under the microscope.
21. I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
22. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
23. Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.
24. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.
25. Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?
26. But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
27. Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.Amos 5:21-27 KJV
But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.
The world is currently consumed with money and the quest for the destruction of God. Therefore, judgement and deciding matters impartially are of low priority. Although they make a show of fairness, military, economic and political conflicts are, without fail, powered by greed, inequality and opposition to God.
In addition, Christianity is filled with sinners who take offence when highlighting their sins. Only God can judge me; the retort is the epitome of denial and wanting to remain in sin. A ridiculous attempt at rebutting and shaming the voice of judgement, despite that voice showing them God.
Judgement & Righteousness
Fair judgment involves considering a matter and deciding the outcome without bias on the standards of God—an equitable balance of judgement irrespective of riches, race, relationship, status, etc.
God rejected their feast days (holydays/holidays), offerings, songs, and music. The misconception that worship is assembling, singing, and mouthing “praise God” is a myth. He does not delight in the fat of rams (offerings) but in righteousness (1 Samuel 15:22, Isaiah 1:11).
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.Isaiah 1:11 KJV
The Most High does not delight in you asking for forgiveness but instead obedience. There is no need for forgiveness if his instructions are kept. Neither does God rejoice in your celebrations, songs and offerings to him if you do not obey his voice—living righteously and judging fairly.
Those who go to church and call it “worship” or “praising God” are sadly mistaken. God is interested in how you live your life according to his word. He puts little weight on your celebrations and words praising him without that.
Amos 5:6-15 shows that turning to God, who made the seven stars and Orion, who created the night and day cycle, is to love the ones who speak uprightly, help the poor, not take bribes, not afflict the righteous and live uprightly.
So often, we see the world hating the ones who speak the truth while celebrating sin as if it were righteousness. This behaviour is directly in contrast to God and consequently leads to death.
To worship and to love are the same things. To love God is to keep His commandments (2 John 1:6, 1 John 5:3). How we live our lives is worship and demonstrates who we ultimately serve.
I feel emotional over the beauty of this passage, and it delights my heart to see God showing clearly what he is most interested in from us. Unless we worship him in the way he has commanded through the way we live our lives, he will reject everything else.
9. Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:
10. And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.Zechariah 7:9-10 KJV
The evidence shows complete certainty that worship is not simply raising your hands in the air or singing “worship” songs. Summing up, it is obvious, and without question, there is complete certainty that worship is keeping the commands of God.
There will inevitably be many people who will still choose the other paths. This, of course, will be to their detriment, but so many insist on maintaining their lives instead of turning to God. Finally, you must build your treasure in heaven (Matthew 6:19-21) and abandon carnal, secular, earthly quests.