The Testimony of Jesus is to Worship God: New Insights!
Knowing the testimony of Jesus is as important as knowing the Gospel. Learn why worshipping, giving glory and fearing God are central to his testimony.
It is often said that to be saved, having the testimony of Jesus is mandatory. With this statement, I agree, but the evidence of what it means has always been elusive. This post intends to clarify what it means to have the testimony of Jesus.
KJV NIV ESV KJV
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”
Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Many religious doctrines float around, but the evidence of the truth is always found in the word of God. In this vein, the passage above shows that without being elusive, Jesus's testimony is to worship God.
Worship is a much-distorted word. Due to this distortion, many people have become comfortable living their truths. They choose to live by their feelings rather than God's instructions. God's instructions to the world have become mere suggestions instead of instructions.
The letter of the law
Learn what it means by the letter of the law. The importance of this will dispel the lies that have preceded which stops many from keeping the commands of God.
Despite the evidence and simplicity, worship flies directly in the face of modern interpretation. Keep the commandments of God as the example or testimony of Jesus.
War of the Dragon
In Revelation 12:9-17 we see the dragon, Satan or the Devil, who deceived the whole world and came down from heaven with great wrath. What is often missed from this passage is who the dragon fights against:
The servants of God
He made war with the remnant of her seed—those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Speaking from experience, and not to make anyone afraid, but to give them the courage. It is written that the servants of God will sacrifice their lives for God until the grave. They will work in the service of God until they die.
KJV NIV ESV NLT KJV
3. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
3. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4. They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.
5. They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.
3. For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4. For they have no pangs until death; their bodies are fat and sleek.
5. They are not in trouble as others are; they are not stricken like the rest of mankind.
3. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.
4. They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong.
5. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else.
The wicked lives are prosperous, their strength is firm, and they have no pains in their deaths. Thus, the righteous suffer the opposite. Despite the world and every fibre of its being fighting against those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ, these things give us life.
Those who love God will be separated from the world by their actions and beliefs, as opposed to those who are lukewarm, loving religion and the world, serving this earthly kingdom deceived by Satan. They forfeit the opportunity given by God to enter his kingdom.
Those who wholly trust in God will relish in his strength and cannot be defeated even in death. The only way the enemy can win is to get them to relinquish the testimony of Jesus and the commandments of God.