I am writing this article to correct an age-old doctrine or understanding taught within many institutions. This doctrine has not been given weight and has been the detriment to a proper comprehension of the Bible. Why is it important to know what sound of God’s voice? It is necessary because the Bible is the greatest puzzle on earth, and this is just one step to deciphering it.
This book has confused the wise but, with the The Spirit that was sent to us to lead us into all truths, speaking to us the things of our Abba. The role of the Holy Spirit is to speak to us through the Bible. The Holy Spirit helps us to understand what we read. And later, in many situations, the Holy Spirit will teach us and give us light,..., the foolish have been given a view to the truth and understanding so they can search out the mystery of Used with reference to the Hebrew word Elohim..
The Bible describes the voice of God as sounding like “many
And it happened, that when I had heard it I stood up upon my feet, and hearkened, and, behold, there was a voice that spake, and the sound of it was like the sound of many waters.2 Esdras 6:17
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.Ezekiel 43:2
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.Revelation 1:15
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:Revelation 14:2
The general understanding of this has been that the voice of God sounds like many streams of running water or even many waterfalls combined. Today, I am here to set put forward another understanding of what this means.
The Bible in its splendour (a book that it’s its own dictionary) explains in Revelation the meaning of the word “water”.
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.Revelation 17:15
How typical of the Word of God to ensure those who search it out with the Holy Spirit guidance are the ones that will connect the dots.
- peoples — the members of a particular nation, community, or ethnic group
- multitudes — a large number of people or things
- nations — a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory
- tongues — the method of human communication, either spoken or written, consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.
Without distracting from the main focus of this article, many people will challenge the definition of tongues since there is a whole movement built on speaking in tongues.
4. And they were all filled with the A name for the Holy Spirit., and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.Acts 2:4-6 (KJV)
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Here we see without going into much detail that speaking in tongues is equated to understanding in their own language.
Providing another reference as required by the Bible, the following verse goes on to associate the phrase “great multitude” with “voice of many
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.Revelation 19:6
The voice of God when heard is the voice of many people speaking in many languages at the same time. With the
2. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.Psalms 29:2-4
3. The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many
4. The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
The LORD works in many nations and many languages with many people. All nations came from Adam, who was the son of God, and from Noah,
While two references are good, a third reference will provide a sturdy foundation for the argument I have presented.
And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.Ezekiel 1:24
Here the voice of God, the Almighty, is paralleled with the noise of great waters and further paralleled with the voice of speech — not just any speech, but that of a host: an army, a band or even a camp.
I hope this has been edifying to those who are searching out the word of God to solve its mysteries and solidifying their position as son or Gods or to those striving to become sons of God.