The power of God is absolute, and without question, the world is evidence of this. Still, the people do not believe and despise the Ancient of Days with so many hypocrites claiming to love him but love the power they hold in this world and the idols—the practices and stuff they acquire.
28. And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.Matthew 8:28-32 (KJV)
29. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30. And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
When I read these verses, I was pretty amazed because they gave me an entirely different outlook on the return of Jesus. I have met many Christians who are afraid of satan, despite proclaiming to be a believer in the Most High. Satan does glorify himself and magnifies his power in the world today, but there is no comparison to God. So if those who claim to walk with God are afraid, that would mean they do not walk with God.
Do you believe—or do you only claim outwardly to believe?
I read these verses, and I marvelled that Jesus only spoke the word, and they obeyed. The devils asked the Son of God if he had come to torment them before the time. What time? Even the devils know they have been judged, and the absolute Word of God cannot be contested. The book of Revelation shows that Satan will gather the nations to fight, but God does not struggle but devours them with fire from heaven. There is no fighting with God—his Word is above all else.
And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.Revelation 20:9 (KJV)
Trust in the Power of God
Put your confidence in the creator of all things. Study his Word to understand what is happening around you, beg the Holy Spirit to guide you into truth and kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you perish.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.Psalms 2:12 (KJV)
His power is absolute, but walk with him while trembling if you cannot quench your fear.