- The mark of the beast
- What it means to worship God
- The mark of the beast – the name
- The mark of the beast – What is a Beast in the Bible
- The mark of the beast – the forehead
- The mark of the beast – right hand
- The number of the beast: 666
- The mark of the beast – buy or sell!
- The Physical Mark of the Beast
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a manRevelation 13:10-18
; andhis number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Moses read the laws of God to the Israelites in Deuteronomy, and he commanded that they should keep or lay up the words in their hearts and minds (frontlets between their eyes). To both live by the instructions and teach them to the next generations.
18. Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. 19. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.Deuteronomy 11:18-19
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.Deuteronomy 6:6-8
Luke 6:45 shows that the heart refers to the mind when used in specific contexts. The soul or individual is represented by the principles he lives by and what guides his life; his body or flesh is a host for his mind. The things we speak are the things we hold in your mind–in our heart, especially the things we hold dear–our passion, i.e. job, pastimes, kids, money, house, assets, business, sex, hedonism, etc.
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.Luke 6:45
Bind the instructions in the forehead. Learn them, keep them close to your heart and teach the next generations.
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.Matthew 19:17
Good things are those things of God since there is only one good, which is God. We are to bind things that are good in our heart–our mind, live by them, and teach them to our children. The world has a tendency to redefine the word “good”, but Jesus made it clear that there is no other who is good besides God (Matthew 19:17). His doctrine only we must follow.
And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’s law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.Exodus 13:9
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;Hebrews 10:16
The forehead is our mind which represents us as individuals. The things that we mentally ingest and consequently speak with our mouth (figuratively)–the act of teaching and live by in our daily lives.