- The mark of the beast! Part 1 – forehead & hand
- The number of the beast: 666
I stood outside of my house, the dog watching eagerly to see what I wanted to do next. My afternoons were always free as a child. The time to walk the well-trodden pasture paths, or just stand and contemplate as I was doing right now. I stared into the ether, my eyes focused on nothing — deep in observational thought. I remembered how the pile of brush lit with a boom. The entire stack raging with flames in a split second sparked from the dying embers of a match stick. The gasoline I had poured over it did the trick. I watch the fire burn with smoke rising like a flowing silk dress and then dissipating in the wind. Suddenly, a thought entered my mind. My thought strands were still weaving all the threads of my knowledge and reasoning but hadn’t seemed to come yet to a conclusion. I was sinking deeper into a trancelike state, totally relaxed and as if yielding to the universe. The thought was a revelation; there is nothing in this world that is destroyed or created but only transformed. After creation, the world works on changing form but never the creation or destruction of anything. I was absolutely sure!
A few days ago another thought was placed in my head. As a parent, I have less time for contemplative thought, but I take every opportunity to read and ponder the Word. This thought was in answer to a question I had asked God. What is the “Mark of the Beast”? These revelations can only come from a spiritual connection to something greater than myself, something larger than the universe itself.
I did some initial investigation to see if there was anything to this revelation, lo and behold, there seemed to be quite a bit of substance.
I started the work…
In the process of bringing this to the digital pen and paper, I procrastinated as to whether to share it or not. It felt like I was being guided to reveal this but each day I fear God more and more. For the people who have no idea what that means, you will find out on the day of judgement. However, if you do want to know before that day, I would suggest studying and living the Word of God today. How else can you have conviction in your beliefs? The Bible could be interpreted in so many ways, more often mangled than not, and I didn’t want to get on the wrathful side of God by sharing untruth.
7. And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
8. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.Job 42:7-8
I didn’t want to join the sea of voices which hold no substance. However, there was this feeling in my inner-being that always brought to my mind the parables that spoke of the cursed fig tree and of the talents.
18. Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21. Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.Matthew 21:18-21
25. And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27. Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.Matthew 25:14-30
The man of God has to bear fruits and thus reap the blessings that God bestows upon him otherwise be cast out and die spiritually, losing his bond with the Almighty. To then retain the relationship with God, he is then left with the dilemma of having to share the truth of God without knowing exactly what the truth is. What then?
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.2 Timothy 2:15
The more I try to find the truth to the Word of God the clearer it becomes, but yet still, the more evident it is just how many will not walk with God. Seeking truth outside the Word of God without a convicted heart will yield nothing of value.
11. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.
12. So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels.Psalm 81:11-12
This personal ever-developing truth is making it clear why so many will not find that narrow path. The simple yet so infinitely confusing dilemma of what is the mark of the beast lies beyond the reach of anyone who does not study the Word, no matter how much they profess the name of God or His Son.
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.Revelation 13:16-17
The Bible makes it clear that there is no recovery from this mark. It is therefore absolutely imperative to find out what it is and how not to get it. I cannot stress enough how crucial this is.
9. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10. The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.Revelation 14:9-11
Here are just a few things the world says is the mark of the beast:
- The Sunday Sabbath
- RFID chip implant
- Biometric ID Card
- Tattooed barcode
- Genetically modified humans
- A combination of letters and symbols that will be physically and permanently placed on your forehead or right hand
- Facebook data collection
- World payment system
- Nationalism and following the world political system.
- One world religion.
- Cashless society.
The Bible, however, has a different view on the matter.
The Bible provides a wealth of information, instructions and insight. It teaches health, governance & living, science, history & spirituality. I have probably missed a few classifications, but nevertheless, the Bible is a complete book showing us how to live our lives plus answers all the questions with what seems like extreme clarity but for only the ones who are searching for God with all their hearts.
10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15. For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.Matthew 13:10-16
So what is the mark of the beast?
What surprised me on my search was that I found something very compelling. God has a mark also! All those hours on YouTube wasted. How come so many people do not speak about this mark that the Bible speaks about?
18. Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
19. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.Deuteronomy 11:18-19
And interesting enough the mark of God is at the same place that the mark of the beast is. Here is another passage that speaks about the mark of God.
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.Deuteronomy 6:6-8
This knowledge is not something that is banded around readily — I guess it does not get as many hits on YouTube or as many coins in the collection box. It seems that spreading fear is a much more effective way of getting compliance. You would think however that the wrath of God is more fearful than the power that satan wields, but the deception runs deep in the world and the Church. Satan is feared more. This topic is a message for another day, however.
Far from stopping there, the Bible speaks about this “Mark of God” in many places. So many places that it seems like it should not be easy to miss.
4. And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.Ezekiel 9:4-6
And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’s law may be in thy mouth.Exodus 13:9
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.Hebrews 10:16
So if the “Mark of God” is written so many places in the Bible and has the same signature as the “Mark of the Beast” — written on the hand and forehead, then the logical deduction is that they are both somehow built from a central theme.
The Bible further expands on the “mark of God” but calls it His Seal.
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith.Romans 4:11
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.Isaiah 8:16
Why then does the mark of the beast get all the headlines when it is mentioned so few times when compared to the mark of God? The seal of God is written over and over and over throughout the Bible but hardly gets a mention. The fact that this can happen again demonstrates the enormous number of people that will miss the truth and not even come close to sniffing out the path to God. It is devastating, but a reality.
13. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.Matthew 7:13-14
To put another nail of emphasis the Bible makes its most powerful prophetic announcement of the Seal of God.
2. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3. Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.Revelation 7:2-3
The Bible shows that the mark of the beast brings death with it, while the Seal of God brings salvation. Here we see the central theme branching in opposite directions.
So then, what is the mark of the beast?
Once God reveals the answer to you it seems quite simple. The Seal of God is consuming His Word, laying it up in your heart and soul and binding it to your every thought. Speaking His Word with your mouth and performing His works with your hands to glorify His name.
10. And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
11. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.Psalm 77:10
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.Luke 6:45
13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
The mark of the beast is not consuming the Word of God to the point where it is one with you. Knowing that there is no middle ground if you do not have the Seal of God that means you are consuming the word of the beast where it is one with you. You are walking with satan and not in the commandments of God.
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.Revelation 3:15-16
Many are waiting for a cataclysmic event signalling the arrival of the mark of the beast, but do not realise that they have been consumed and are worshipping the image of the beast already.
Sadly even if the whole world reads this post, almost all who read it will still perish. To avoid the mark of the beast, you simply have to give your life entirely to God, and that means devouring the Word of God day and night and walking with God in every waking moment. You don’t have to understand everything in the Bible — and it is inevitable that not any one person will unlock all its secrets, but you must walk with God while searching for His truth.
Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.Ecclesiastes 8:17
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.Ecclesiastes 3:11
So many are confused by the prophecy of not being able to buy and sell. Once you consider what the mark of the beast is — an opposing ideology to the Word of God, then you can suppose that not being able to buy and sell would revolve around a choice whereby to perform these actions one would have to compromise their beliefs; the Word.
Iniquity is turning away from the law. The law is the entire Bible, not just the Torah and not just the ten commandments.
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.Isaiah 59:2
The other day I was speaking to a friend, and I asked him if he could build a house in a day? Of course, he said no it is not possible to build the average brick house in a day. This kind of endeavour usually takes months. Now we get to a crucial point in the matter — this is the same when building the Seal of God. It does not happen overnight or by saying that they love Jesus on their death bed. The Bible clearly defines what loving God is:
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.1 John 5:3
The Bible outlines in bold that only those that seek God early will find Him.
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.Proverbs 8:17
33. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.
36. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.Proverbs 8:33-36
Therefore I implore you’ll to start your search now. Seek and trust in God with all your heart. Read His Word and lay it in your heart and soul and do without fail the commandments of the Lord.
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.Joshua 24:15