25. And Used with reference to the Hebrew word Elohim. made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.Genesis 1:25-26 (KJV)
26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
What does it mean that man was created in the image of Elohim, singular Eloah, (Hebrew: God), the God of Israel whose personal name was revealed to Moses as YHWH. When referring to Yahuah, Elohim very often is accompanied by the article ha-, to mean, in combination, “the God,” and sometimes with a further identification Elohim ḥayyim, meaning “the living God.” The term "Elohim" means “supreme one” or “mighty one.”...? This age-old question has yielded many different answers and is one that I intend to shed some light on in this post.
5. I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:Isaiah 45:5-6 (KJV)
6. That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
The glory of the A name used for Yahuah. has eluded seemingly everyone. The comprehension of his power plus the knowledge that he has created everything, although known by some, the full realisation has not sunk in. Elohim is the only God; he is the only one and has dominion over everything, whether we like it or not.
To understand how man was created in his image demands that we understand the sovereignty of the living God.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.John 4:24 (KJV)
We must eliminate the simple assertion that man has the physical appearance of Elohim. This assertion is simply not the case and demonstrated by the bordered verses, Elohim is a Spirit while man is flesh.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.Genesis 6:3 (KJV)
The answer lies in the very next sentence after the declaration that man should be created in their image. That man should have dominion over the fishes, fowls (all flying creatures), cattle (all land animals) and over all the earth. Man is to have total power over the land, air and seas just as the Most High has absolute authority over everything. While nothing can challenge man in this world, so nothing can challenge Elohim in anything.
What about Seth?
1. This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;Genesis 5:1-5 (KJV)
2. Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4. And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5. And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Adam had dominion over the entire earth, and Seth followed in his wake. This continuity intends to illustrate the system that Elohim put in place, the continued dominion over this world from generation to generation.
The recounting of Exodus shows that Elohim glorified Moses in the sight of Pharaoh and the Egyptians through his signs and wonders — through all the works he wrought with his right hand on Egypt. He proclaims to Moses the following:
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.Exodus 7:1 (KJV)
The name of the living God (the one true God). His name is pronounced YAHUAH (Yah-OO'-ah). His name is spelt with four Hebrew letters, written from right to left: yod, heh, vav, heh. This is often referred to as the Tetragrammaton (meaning "four letters") and is commonly written in English letters as YHWH.... has dominion over everything, and whoever he sets up, he sets up, and whoever he takes down, he takes down.
20. Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:Daniel 2:20-22 (KJV)
21. And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22. He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
Man has dominion over the earth and Elohim has authority over everything.
6. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.Psalms 75:6-8 (KJV)
7. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
8. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
Over the earth man exercises dominion but with this power what should he do?
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)